To compete successfully in today's challenging business climate, organizations must enable more efficient ways for information workers to communicate and collaborate. E-mail is currently the most widely used collaborative technology. More businesses use Exchange for e-mail-based collaboration than any other product. Exchange 2003 enables information workers to gain access to critical business communications almost whenever and wherever they need to and is designed to deliver greater security, availability, and reliability. Exchange 2003 sets a new benchmark for low total cost of ownership (TCO) by helping your information technology (IT) staff to do more with less through improved management tools.
If you're in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, Exchange 2003 offers large costs savings by operating on fewer servers. With new resources and tools, the upgrade and migration to Exchange 2003 is smooth, fast, and cost-effective.
Exchange 2003 is available in two editions:
- Exchange 2003 Standard Edition is designed to meet the messaging and collaboration needs of small and medium-size corporations. With Exchange 2003 Standard Edition, you get:
- Exchange 2003.
- The flexibility to be configured as a Microsoft Office Outlook® Web Access front-end server.
- 16-gigabyte (GB) data storage maximum.
- Recovery Storage Group.
- Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition is designed for large enterprise corporations and enables you to create multiple storage groups and multiple databases. Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition provides an 8-terabyte (TB) message store that eases the constraints on the amount of data that a single server can manage. With Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition, you get:
- All the features and products included in Exchange 2003 Standard Edition.
- Database size limited only by your hardware (with a maximum size of 16 terabytes).
- Multiple databases per server.
- Clustering support for four nodes on Microsoft Windows® 2000 Advanced Server or eight nodes on Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 Enterprise Edition.
To determine which edition best suits your business needs, contact your Scenic Solutions Group Account Representative.